Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Armenian Traditional Yogurt Soup "Spas"

Hello, my lovely readers! Today the weather was quite nasty and I decided to make something warm and comforting. After pondering upon the question what to make today, I understood that I haven't made my favorite traditional Armenian yogurt soup "Spas" for a long time. It turned out so tasty and flavorful that I decided to share it with you. I hope you'll make it one day!
Here is the picture of my bowl of "spas" yogurt soup. I served it with crunchy and crispy paprika flavored croûtons!  :) :) :)


 Here are the ingredients for the recipe: 
  • Greek yogurt (1 kg = 4 cups)
  • groats (1,5 cups)
  • butter (50 gr)
  • coriander (a small bunch)
  • mint (a few)
  • salt (to your taste)
  • boiling water (4 cups)




Now let's start from the beginning step by step.



  • First of all you should do is to cook the groats in plain water for about half an hour until they are tender.
  • Pour the Greek yogurt into a big pan, add the eggs, whisk it and put on the medium heat. Add the cooked groats, stir and bring it to boiling. Mix it consistently until it stats boiling. Then add the boiling water and continue to mix it consistently for another 1-2 minutes. Lower the heat, cover the pot with a lid and cook it on the lowest heat for about half an hour. 

  • When the yogurt soup is almost ready add salt and butter, chopped coriander and mint. Stir t until the butter is completely melted. Turn off the heat and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes so that the herbs give their aroma and flavor to the yogurt soup. You can serve this soup hot, warm or cooled down, it is delicious anyway! :) :) :) 

I hope you enjoyed it. Have a nice day! Bye! :) :) :)

Flag Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment