Friday, June 5, 2015

STRAWBERRY, YOGURT AND OAT-FLAKE SMOOTHIE

Hi, everyone! I am glad to be back with a another recipe for you! This is  a very easy but very delicious, creamy and, of course, very healthy smoothie recipe that you can prepare in just a few minutes for breakfast or for any time of the day of your liking!!!  If you add a couple of ice cubes it'll be a perfect refreshing snack for hot summer days. If you don't have much time to prepare a breakfast these kind of smoothies are very handy. You can take it out with you in a closed cup and enjoy it on your way to work!!! This is how my smoothie turned out today!!! I had it as a midday snack with a chocolate biscuit, a couple of strawberries and chocolate mushrooms!!! Oh, that was a fabulous snack! :) :) :)


Now let's talk about the recipe. You'll need the following ingredients for 2 portions:
  • Yogurt (1 full cup; I am using plain Greek yogurt, you can use flavored ones (for example vanilla flavored), that will be delicious too)
  • Strawberries (1 cup; save a couple of strawberries for garnishing)
  • Honey (to your taste, as I used plain Greek yogurt I added 1 tablespoon, if you use sweet, flavored yogurt you can totally escape it)
  • Oat-flakes (2 full tablespoon)
  • Ice cubed (optional, if you like your smoothie to be refreshing, just a few 5-6 cubes)
  • Chocolate biscuits and chocolate mushrooms (this is totally optional) for garnishing


Step by step instructions:
  • Add all the ingredients (Greek yogurt, strawberries, oat-flakes, honey and ice cubes (if you decide to use some) into the blender. Blend it a for a couple of seconds until you get a smooth consistency. With the ingredients I mentioned above you'll get 2 portions of smoothie. If you make it only for yourself you can have one portion and save the other in a closed container in the fridge to have it later during the day.

  • Pour the smoothie into a glass and garnish it with whatever you like. I chose to garnish it with a few strawberries, a chocolate cookie and 2 mushroom chocolates!

  •  I prepared this smoothie for me and my toddler who was more excited about the chocolate biscuit hahaha....He preferred to eat the chocolate biscuit first and then had a few sips from the smoothie. I saved his portion in the fridge and had it later in the evening! 

I truly hope you like this smoothie recipe! I wish you all have a fabulous weekend!!! Bye!!! See you soon! :) :) :)

Flag Counter

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to have this creamy, healthy yummy smoothie with triple goodness, strawberry, yogurt and oat flake. Very nice dear. And the little darling looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks a million, sweetheart! :) :) :) Big bear hugs!

      Delete