Thursday, March 19, 2015

Homemade Facial Mask with Oat-Flakes and Honey

Hello everyone! Today I decided to talk to you about one of my favorite homemade facial mask. I chose this mask because I can really see a difference after applying it on my face comparing to some other masks which don't seem to do much difference.
Sometimes when I put my son to bed for the night I get a little bit of spare time to pamper myself (especially after a hard day when I really want to have some "me time", I usually don't get another opportunity during the day :)). That doesn't happen often, because I am usually busy with doing different chores around the house at night :) :) :). But anyway, yesterday I had a pampering time and decided to share it with you. I made this mask, put it on my face and while waiting the 20 minutes had a wonderful cup of tea, and felt much better about myself :) :) :)



After applying this mask I usually immediately see a difference. My skin brightens up a lot, it becomes more soft and smooth. My skin feels refreshed and rejuvenated. It also helps to heel and sooth your skin if you have skin irritation. But before you put this mask on to your skin make sure you are not allergic to honey. If you have long hair like me put your hair up in a ponytail or in a bun. because it can be a little bit messy :) :) :) Before applying the mask take off your make up and wash your skin thoroughly with your favorite cleanser so that your skin absorb  the nutrients from the mask as well as possible.
Now let's make the mask with oat-flakes, honey and milk. These are all the ingredients you need:


  • mix together 10 ml of milk, about 20 gram of oat-flakes (I have already milled my oat-flakes) and 5 gram (1 small teaspoon) of honey with a synthetic brush (or a spoon if you don't have a brush at get a mushy consistency. 

  • When you mix everything together it should have a mushy consistency like this.  
  • Apply the mask onto  you skin with a synthetic brush or you can even use you fingers to apply it. Wait 20 minutes. While waiting  I always like to have a cup of tea and relax. 
  • After waiting the 20 minutes wash your face with warm water with circular motions.The milled oat-flakes will work like a face  scrub and will remove the dead cells from your skin. 
  • Dry your skin with a fluffy towel and apply your favorite moisturizer. 

I hope you liked this facial mask recipe. If yes, give it thumbs up and feel free to share it with your friends.

Flag Counter

1 comment:

  1. If you ever try this mask, leave a comment here! I'm looking forward to your feedback! :) If you have a favorite mask recipe feel free to write it below.

    ReplyDelete