Friday, March 13, 2015

Oat-Flakes with Greek Yogurt, Raspberries, Bananas and Cashew Nuts


Hi everyone! Here I'm sharing my favorite oatmeal recipe. I can eat this breakfast every single day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it! This is quite a versatile recipe. You can change the berries or the nuts to your liking and each time you will get another delicious and flavorful breakfast as a great start of your day. In this particular recipe I'm using raspberries and cashews but you can use a combination of various fruits, berries and nuts, such as peaches, apricots, grapes, apples, plums, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts and so on. I also like the combination of peaches, apples and raisins too.
The permanent ingredients of this recipe are the oat-flakes and the Greek yogurt.The fruits, the berries and the nuts can be changed according to the season.
In this recipe I am using: 
  • oat-flakes (2 tablespoon)
  • Greek yogurt (150 ml)
  • honey to sweeten the yogurt (1 teaspoon). If you are allergic to honey you can substitute it with granulated sugar or even escape it thoroughly. The taste won't suffer either way.
  • raspberries (as much as you like, I'm using a handful)
  • banana (half of a banana will be enough)
  • cashew nuts (1 tablespoon, or as much as you like)

Tis is a very easy recipe. You don't have to cook anything. All you have to do is to pour the Greek yogurt into a bowl, sweeten it with honey or sugar (you can totally escape this part if you don't like it) and add the oat-flakes. Stir it. Then add the banana slices, raspberries and chopped cashew nuts.
Voila! Your breakfast is ready!!! Yum!!!


I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as  do. Have a good day! *** :) ***
Flag Counter

1 comment: